Spring Boating Day ideas… fun, food & drinks!
Boat days out on the water or at the sandbar can be a lot of fun, and there are plenty of toys and activities that you can bring along to make the day even more enjoyable.
Here are some gadgets & cool ideas:
- Inflatable water toys – Bring along some inflatable rafts, tubes, paddleboards and water floats. They are easy to store and can provide hours of fun for everyone.
- Paddleboards or kayaks – If you have some extra space on the boat, bring along some paddleboards or kayaks. These are great for exploring the area around the sandbar or for a little workout.
- Water guns – Bring some water guns for a fun water fight. Just make sure to keep them away from any other boats or people who might not want to get wet.
- Beach games – Bring along some beach games such as volleyball, frisbee, or cornhole. These are great for some friendly competition on the sandbar.
- Snorkeling gear – If the water is clear, bring along some snorkeling gear to explore the underwater world. Just be careful not to disturb any marine life.
- Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker – A waterproof speaker will allow you to enjoy music while out on the water without worrying about damaging the device.
- Floating Waterproof Phone Case – Protect your phone from water damage with a floating waterproof phone case.
- Underwater Camera – Capture stunning underwater photos and videos with an underwater camera.
- GoPro – A GoPro can capture all your water adventures from a unique perspective.
- Waterproof Drone – A waterproof drone can provide stunning aerial views of your boat and the surrounding water.
- Water Trampoline – A water trampoline can provide endless entertainment for kids and adults alike.
- Waterproof Portable Charger – Keep your devices charged and ready to go with a waterproof portable charger.
- Floating Cooler – A floating cooler will keep your drinks and snacks cool while in the water.
- Floating Mats – A floating mat is a fun and comfortable way to relax and enjoy the water.
- Underwater Scooter – An underwater scooter can provide a fun and unique way to explore the water.
- Food and drinks – Don’t forget to pack plenty of snacks and drinks for everyone to enjoy throughout the day. You can even pack a small portable grill and cook up some burgers or hot dogs for a fun beach barbecue.
– Remember to always prioritize safety and follow any local regulations or laws when using any gadgets or toys on a boat.
When planning a day on the boat, it’s important to bring along plenty of food and drinks to keep everyone fueled and hydrated.
Here are some food and drink ideas:
- Sandwiches – Pack a variety of sandwiches with different fillings to accommodate different dietary preferences. ￼
- Fruit salad – A refreshing and healthy snack that’s easy to prepare and perfect for hot days.
- Chips and salsa – A classic snack that’s always a hit.
- Cheese and crackers – Another classic snack that’s easy to pack and requires no preparation.
- Veggie platter – Cut up some vegetables such as carrots, celery, and bell peppers for a healthy snack option.
- BBQ chicken or beef skewers – Pre-cook some skewers at home and bring them along to heat up on the grill.
- Pasta salad – Make a pasta salad with your favorite ingredients for a hearty lunch option.
- Water – Bring plenty of water to keep everyone hydrated throughout the day.
- Sports drinks – If it’s a hot day and people are sweating a lot, sports drinks can help replenish electrolytes.
- Soda and/or juice – Pack some soda and/or juice for a sweet treat.
- Beer and/or wine – If you plan on drinking alcohol, bring along some beer and/or wine.
– Remember to drink responsibly and designate a sober driver!
- Coconut water – A refreshing and healthy option that’s rich in electrolytes.
- Iced tea or lemonade – A refreshing non-alcoholic option that’s perfect for hot days.
- Coffee – If you’re an early riser and plan on being on the boat all day, bring along some coffee to start the day off right.
Article & Content written by Brittney Laroche, Thunder Marine 4/7/2023.